Product information “RRR aventail for helmets, riveted round rings, ID 8mm”
RRR aventail for helmets, riveted round rings, ID 8mm
– Suitable for exhibition battles –
An aventail is a network of rings that was attached to a helmet in the Middle Ages as extra neck and shoulder protection. Preferred helmet types here were the nose helmet, but especially the late medieval bascinet and its variant, the houndsgugel.
This aventail has an authentic serrated braided edge and a sewn-on strip of thick cowhide leather. The customer must process the mounting holes for the helmet in these leather strips. For attachment to helmets such as the Hundsgugel or Bascinet.
The Mail Braid RRR:
This chainmail braid consists of round rings with round rivet heads. Each ring is riveted by hand. The braid is 4 in 1.
We call this type of chainmail RRR (Round Ring Riveted).
– riveted round rings with round rivet heads
– full shoulder coverage
– Serrated edge
– Inner diameter: approx. 8 mm
– Ring thickness: approx. 1.4 mm
– Finish: untreated (slightly oiled)
– Length of the piece of leather: approx. 55 cm
– Weight: approx. 3.5 kg